New Mexico Camping and Backpacking
Driving to the campsite or trekking into backcountry, what you pack makes all the difference for spending a night under the stars in Taos.
We feature the top brands you recognize and trust. Come in and let us help you select your wide range of camping/backpacking clothing, footwear, and gear.
TMO top camping and backpacking checklist
- Sun protection (always)
- Water bottle or bladder to stay hydrated (always)
- Comfortable, supportive footwear
- Sweat-wicking socks (synthetic or merino wool; no cotton)
- Comfortable pants/shorts and shirts
- Warm jacket and clothing for overnight
- Backpack, sleeping bag, and tent